1) Circulation: Library circulation or library lending comprises the activities around the lending of library books and other material to users of library. The Library maintains a separate collection of textbooks for circulation, at the circulation desk or loans desk provides lending services and facilities for return of loaned items. Renewal of materials and payment of fines are also handled at the circulation desk. Circulation staff may provide basic search and reference services.
2) Reservation Facility: by using the library OPAC users can reserve the books if any particular book that is available in library stock but issued to someone and you wish to get issue that particular book for study purpose then you can avail this facility. However, it is also possible for circulation staff to place reservations on behalf of patrons.
3) Reference service: Library users can consult the staff at the reference desk for help in finding information. Using a structured reference interview, the librarian works with the library user to clarify their needs and determine what information sources will fill them. The Library maintains a separate collection of Reference books, project reports, and Back volumes of Journals, which can be consulted within the Library premises.
4) NPTEL E-learning Facility : NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) provides E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Science and humanities streams. The objective is to enhance the learning component and to reduce the tedious and mechanical aspects of some of the current learning methods.
Click below to access Local NPTEL Video Streaming Server (Works only in Intranet)
5) User Orientation: Library will organize to introduce the library services, rules, and facilities to the new students at the beginning of each academic year.
6) Inter Library Loan: Interlibrary loan (abbreviated ILL, and sometimes called interloan, interlending, document delivery, or document supply) is a service whereby a user of one library can borrow books or receive photocopies of documents that are owned by another library through DELNET. The user can make a request to the librarian to avail this facility. The librarian acting as an intermediary, identifies owners of the desired item, places the request, receives the item, makes it available to the user, and arranges for its return with DELNET resources.
7) Reprographic Service:
Students can avail the printing, Photo copying and scanning services in Central library
The printing rates are as follows
Black & White : Rs1/- per page
Colour : Rs 10/- per page,
user may also avail Color Scanning facility in central library.
The rates for photocopying and other services are as follows:
Copieng rates : One side Rs.1/-
Both sides Rs.2/-
Spiral binding facility is available in the library
– for 100 sheets of A4 Size 25/-
– more than100 sheets of A4 Size 30/-
7) Book Bank Facility: Library offers a book bank scheme for SC/ST students, in which a set of books is given to student for the complete academics session.
8) News Papers Clipping Service: Newspapers constitute an important source of information as they contain the latest information in the form of news with, often daily, updating. Newspapers constitute an important source of information as they contain the latest information in the form of news with, often daily, updating. Being aware of their importance, we have been providing news clipping services.
- Free Internet Facility is provided for the students interested in computer assisted learning.